Awesome Artsy Movie Posters

I love movies. . . I love the whole experience of watching them, from the moment the trailers are released, to standing in line at the theater. I love Tuesday afternoons, when films are released onto DVD/Blue Ray and Digital Copy...

When I lived in Wilmington, NC, movies where everywhere  - they were filming on the streets, they were playing at super interesting venues such as the renowned local theaters, and the Battleship, USS North Carolina. They were being watched and analyzed and written about in the local film schools, they were being discovered by young hearts and open minds!

I've since moved back to the smaller town where I grew up, which has left me yearning for the more magical and interesting movie experiences I had back then. . . I wish I could find a way to share with you  all some of the amazing films I fell in love with back in Wilmington.  I wish I could share with you all the new experiences I had with old favorites. . .

But here is  a little something that might come close --

Another one of my favorite things about  movies has always been the posters. I used to pin them up everywhere. (When I was 12 you couldn't even see my wall for all the Titanic and JTT images everywhere). Even now I usually have a single mini movie poster in my office.  Recently I have discovered the somewhat interesting trend of folks creating "alternate" movie posters. It's really interesting thing that some people are doing to celebrate new and old films, with some of the main techniques involving fusion, minimalism and parody.
So I invite you to share this new movie experience with me (hey, maybe you've heard about these a long time ago, and I'm just catching up))! Either way, won't you enjoy the view with me?

ghostbusters-alternative-movie-poster


iron-man-alternative-movie-poster


CA72YZXT

Laz Marquez
Laz Marquez

Laz Marquez

Laz Marquez

Laz Marquez
Laz Marquez

Olly Moss



visualise.us
pedro-vidotto-minimalist-posters
Laz Marquez
pedro-vidotto-minimalist-posters
Olly Moss
Laz Marquez

apopheniainc.wordpress.com
mymovieposters
Olly Moss


syd film blog

Comments

Popular Posts